Last Revision: June 1, 2020
Tired of seeing the same guitar kits floating around the web?
Well so were we – that’s why we’ve curated a list of 22 of the best DIY kits available on the internet. The kits are listed in no specific order, so you’re encouraged to look through all of them before you make a decision – #3 is our current favorite since updating the list (07/19).
A number of factors went into building this list, but the most important is this: they are all well-reviewed and from reputable kit makers. They’re also not the same generic Stratocaster kits you’re used to seeing (though there is one or two included for good measure).
While not as popular, there are a number of DIY bass kits and left-handed guitar kits available from a few choice vendors (BYO Guitar and TheFretWire in particular). There’s even some original models – see for yourself!
1. Les Paul Guitar Kit – Build Your Own
2. Saga LC-10 – Gibson Les Paul Guitar Kit
3. Steinberger-style Headless DIY Electric Guitar Kit
5. PRS-Style Guitar Kit (No Hardware)
8. Offset DIY Guitar Kit
9. SAGA Modern Double-Cut Guitar Kit
10. Offset Fender Jaguar Style Guitar Kit
11. TheFretWire Double Neck Strat Kit
12. TheFretWire DIY Ibanez RG 7 String
13. Mosrite Venture II Offset Guitar Kit
14. DIY Fender Telecaster Guitar Kit (Saga)
16. 12-String Gibson ES-335 Guitar Kit
17. StewMac Fender Stratocaster Kit
18. StewMac Gibson ES-335 Guitar Kit
19. SAGA Gibson LP Jr Single Cut Kit
21. Carved-Top Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar Kit
22. Stratocaster Electric Guitar Kit
If you’re looking for a high quality electric guitar kit, this is where you’ll find it:
Check out the following online guitar kit company stores if you’re still not satisfied with the models shown here – there’s bound to be something you like:
If for any reason you’re STILL not satisfied, you’d better head over to the DIY guitar kit vendor review article!