Last Revision: July 5th, 2021
Tired of seeing the same guitar kits floating around the web?
Well so were we – that’s why we’ve curated a list of 20 of the best DIY kits available on the internet. The kits are listed in no specific order, so you’re encouraged to look through all of them before you make a decision – #4 is our current favorite since updating the list (07/21).
A number of factors went into building this list, but the most important is this: they are all well-reviewed and from reputable kit makers. They’re also not the same generic Stratocaster kits you’re used to seeing (though there is one or two included for good measure).
While not as popular, there are a number of DIY bass kits and left-handed guitar kits available from a few choice vendors (Solo Guitars, BYO Guitar and TheFretWire in particular). There’s even some original models – see for yourself!
1. Les Paul Guitar Kit – Build Your Own
2. Saga LC-10 – Gibson Les Paul Guitar Kit
3. Steinberger-style Headless DIY Electric Guitar Kit
5. PRS-Style Guitar Kit (Flamed Maple Top)
6. Ibanez RG-7 Guitar Kit (7 String)
9. Fender Telecaster DIY Guitar Kit
10. Gibson ES-335 Guitar Kit
14. DIY Gibson Les Paul Jr. Guitar Kit
16. 12-String Gibson Les Paul Guitar Kit
17. Unfinished Fender Stratocaster Guitar Kit
18. American Standard Fender Stratocaster Guitar Kit
19. SAGA Gibson LP Jr Single Cut Kit
20. Offset Gibson SG-style Guitar Kit
If you’re looking for a high quality electric guitar kit, this is where you’ll find it:
Check out the following online guitar kit company stores if you’re still not satisfied with the models shown here – there’s bound to be something you like:
If for any reason you’re STILL not satisfied, you’d better head over to the DIY guitar kit vendor review article!