Accurate Guitar Model for CNC
Based on a 2007 ESP M-II (bolt-on model).
- Properly labelled & organized work
- Faithful, accurate designs
- 2D sketches included
- All suitable formats for CNC (F3D, STEP, IGES)
- F3D (Fusion 360 native)
- STEP (vendor neutral)
- IGES (vendor neutral)
- STL (vendor neutral)
The following drill dimensions are used:
- Tuning machines: 10mm Ø | Potentiometers: 8mm Ø | Panel Screws: 2mm Ø
This model does not include the following (allowing for user preference / variable hardware):
- Truss rod slot (location sketch included – separated fretboard allows for top or rear mount rods)
- Output jack / 9v battery compartment (sketch included)
- Bridge posts (routes & location sketch included)
- Fretboard inlays
- CAM toolpaths
Download the DXF / PDF / Vector templates here!
STL files are included with this model purchase. It is imperative that the user understand that STL files, while compatible with virtually any software, are unit-less. When exporting STL files, the units can be defined (in, mm, etc), but the unit size data is not included with the file itself. When the file is opened/imported, it is up to your software to define the unit sizing – when there is a mismatch, over/undersizing issues occur.
That means that they will likely cause scaling issues upon opening and require a bit of math and manual re-sizing to get them perfect.
To combat this, all STL files have been exported and organized separately with their unit scaling in MM, CM, and INCHES. This will help less sophisticated software interpret the unit sizes correctly upon importing.
Bounding box info for the main body file has been included to aid in scaling math and comparison.