Accurate Guitar Model for CNC
Based on a 2008 Gibson Les Paul Supreme.
- Properly labelled & organized work
- Faithful, accurate designs
- 2D sketches included
- All suitable formats for CNC (F3D, STEP, IGES)
- F3D (Fusion 360 native)
- STEP (vendor neutral)
- IGES (vendor neutral)
- STL (vendor neutral)
The following drill dimensions are used:
- Tuning machines: 10mm Ø | Controls: 8mm Ø | Panels: 2mm Ø
This model does not include the following (allowing for user preference / variable hardware):
- Truss rod slot (location sketch included)
- Output jack (location sketch included)
- Bridge holes (tune-o-matic standard)
- CAM toolpaths
* Neck pocket & panel recess offsets may be made in the modeling environment or with CAM processes. Offset size recommendations begin at .015″ to .02″ for neck pockets and .02″ to .04″ for panel recesses.
Download the DXF / PDF / Vector templates here!
STL files are included with this model purchase. It is imperative that the user understand that STL files, while compatible with virtually any software, are unit-less. When exporting STL files, the units can be defined (in, mm, etc), but the unit size data is not included with the file itself. When the file is opened/imported, it is up to your software to define the unit sizing – when there is a mismatch, over/undersizing issues occur.
That means that they will likely cause scaling issues upon opening and require a bit of math and manual re-sizing to get them perfect.
To combat this, all STL files have been exported and organized separately with their unit scaling in MM, CM, and INCHES. This will help less sophisticated software interpret the unit sizes correctly upon importing.
Bounding box info for the main body file has been included to aid in scaling math and comparison.